English actress Joanne Froggatt (‘Downtown Abbey’) had one of the most acclaimed looks of the night at this years Golden Globes. Celebrity stylist Ashley Streicher created her beautiful crown braid using UNITE Haircare products… learn how to!
“The dress is a beautiful Marchesa that had never been seen – super exclusive. Navy blue, strapless, and covered in woven and textured flowers. I always like to look at the runway show of whatever designer the client is wearing for hair inspiration. Originally Joanne mentioned that she wanted to wear her hair down, to one side with textured waves. As much as I love some textured waves I thought that it was way too special of a night for Joanne to have “boring” hair. The top of her dress and her earrings are stunning, and after a few conversations with her stylist, Brad Goreski, we decided best that she wear her hair back, especially with the looming rain clouds. Both Brad and I agreed on some sort of fresh, more modern braided look. And I decided a crown because… Well, why not!? She’s nominated!”
GET THE LOOK
- 1. Spray damp hair with UNITE 7Seconds Condition before rough drying.
- 2. Mid way through the blowout, comb through UNITE Blow & Set from mid length to ends before drying completely
- 3. Once dry, apply UNITE Expanda Dust to root area to create texture and hold before lightly backcombin.
- 4. Create a loose centre parting before creating a French braid starting from the temple to the centre and repeating on the other side.
- 5. Rubber band both braids and dust the braids with Expanda Dust before gently pulling the braids apart to create lived in texture.
- 6. With any small unwanted pieces that were sticking out smooth with a little bit of UNITE SECOND day.
- 7. Finish with UNITE Session Max Spray for a firm hold.
Photos: Getty Images