During the 2015 Golden Globes, some of our Hollywood favorites showed up in the seasons latest trends. We couldn’t help but to notice our two favorite “Jens” in particular – the ageless and absolutely beautiful Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston could do no wrong!
Two different perspectives, but both stunning. While Jennifer Aniston glimmered as she wore a fitted glittering black Saint Laurent gown with a split on the side, Jennifer Lopez who was more covered up than usual looked like a movie star as she glided across the red carpet in Zuhair Murad.
To recreate both looks Pureology Artistic Ambassador Sandra Joseph offers her version of Jennifer Aniston’s updo and Jennifer Lopez’s beach waves. So the question is which Jen did it better… Jennifer Lopez or Jennifer Aniston?
How to get the Jennifer Aniston Look (recreated by Sandra Joseph)
- 1. Begin by applying Pureology Colour Stylist Root Lift spray hair mousse to damp hair from roots to ends for texture and grip.
- 2. Rough dry roots with fingers, finishing the mid-lengths and ends with a medium round brush.
- 3. Mist Fresh Approach Dry Shampoo throughout root area for added texture and separation.
- 4. Create a left side part, gather all hair to the center back of the head and secure into a ponytail.
- 5. Split ponytail in two sections. Lightly backcomb, then twist both sections together.
- 6. Wrap the twist into a bun, loosen with fingers and pin into place with fasteners.
- 7. For a long-lasting hold, finish with Colour Stylist Supreme Control high hold hairspray for colour-treated hair.
How to get the Jennifer Lopez Look (recreated by Sandra Joseph)
- 1. To prime and protect colour-treated locks like Jen’s, mist Pureology Colour Fanatic throughout damp hair.
2. Apply several pumps of Highlight Stylist Bodifying Luminator texturizing shine-foam and blowdry with a medium round brush.
3. Wrap warm hair into barrel curls and pin. Mist Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray all over curls and allow to set for 15 minutes.
4. Drop curls and rack with fingers. Back comb root area to create volume, then smooth surface with a soft bristle brush.
5. Create a short center part and tuck hair behind the ears.
6. Work a small amount of Colour Stylist Piecing Sculpt high holding sculpting fiber paste through ends for shine, separation and memory.
Photos: Getty Images (Jennifer Aniston) / Instagram @jlo