Model Chrissy Teigen rocked the red carpet at the 2015 Golden Globe Awards, with husband, singer John Legend. The brunette beauty had a playful, elegant, yet very modern ponytail styled by Giannandrea, International Director of Macadamia Professional. The look complimented Teigen’s blush pink, long sleeve beaded sheath gown by Zuhair Murad.
Giannandrea shares how he created this playful pony:
- 1. I started with clean, wet hair and applied Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer all over the hair before blow-drying the whole head with a large round brush, to create ample volume from roots to length.
- 2. After hair was dried, I used a 1-inch curling iron and curled the hair in waves all the way to the ends.
- 3. Once the waves were complete, I emulsified a large amount (about a quarter size) of Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream in my hands and ran them through Chrissy’s hair, loosening up the curls and adding support. I also used my fingers to create supple separation, dimension and texture throughout.
- 4. At that point, I tilted Chrissy’s head back and gathered all the hair up into a high ponytail – slightly below the crown. I tied the pony into an elastic band and took a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrapped it around the elastic band to cover it.
- 5. To keep the pony playful, use fingers to open up the hair to make it wide, textured and with volume.
- 6. Create volume on top and at the front with separation. Leave some fly-a-ways on the sides for an effortless look.
- TIP: Don’t pull hair back too tightly around the face; it should have a soft volume and separation with definite texture.
- 7. To set the style for Chrissy’s busy night in front of the cameras, I sprayed the look into place with Macadamia Professional Control Working Spray to protect against humidity.
Photos: Getty Images