Celebrities were ready for their closeup as they stunned at the 2015 Golden Globes! Katie Holmes who presented on Sunday night looked absolutely breathtaking as she stepped into the spotlight.
Her strapless violet Marchesa gown and her long brunette hair, created by DJ Quintero for Alterna Haircare, was swept to one side and parted into a sleek ponytail was a simple yet elegant look that complimented her smokey sensual green eyes.
DJ Quintero for Alterna Haircare wanted to create a modern, clean look to compliment Katie’s strapless, eggplant-colored Marchesa dress. Katie wasn’t wearing any jewelry, so DJ created a deep-parted, low pony-tail to compliment her striking features and elegant, bare neckline.
- Step 1: Katie had just arrived from the beach, so DJ treated her dry hair with a boost of hydrating Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Pure Kendi Treatment Oil ($25), letting it soak for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: DJ washed Katie’s hair with Alterna Haircare Caviar Replenishing Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner ($32 each).
- Step 3: On damp hair, DJ mixed a small amount of the Alterna Haircare Caviar Seasilk Oil Gel ($28) with the Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Omega (+) Nourishing Oil ($38), and brushed it through with a Mason Pearson brush.
- Step 4: Using a large round brush, DJ blow dried Katie’s hair on high-heat and parted it far to Katie’s left-hand side.
- Step 5: DJ prepped Katie’s dry hair with the Alterna Haircare Caviar Perfect Iron Spray ($28), and then used a thin Sedu Revolution Diamond flatiron, from root to tip, to create a super smooth look.
- Step 6: DJ gathered Katie’s parted hair low at the nape of her neck, and secured it using a hair bungee. He wrapped several small pieces of hair around the bungee to hide it, and secured those strands with bobby pins.
- Step 7: DJ finished by spraying a supple amount of Alterna Haircare Caviar Perfect Texture Finishing Spray ($28) to the top of Katie’s head, and applied a dime-size amount of Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Micromist ($25) to her ends.
Photos: Getty Images