Tis the season to get decked, and going retro with a crimson smile and big bold brows with a hint of sparkle does the trick. Just think of Marilyn, Madonna and Gwen – GORG! Here’s how to pull it off…
Before the party season, get a professional shaping and tint to darken up brows and make them look fuller. Then, make those babies pop with powder and highlighter!
Perfect Big Bold Brows
- ● Hold an angled brush like a pen and put a small amount of Boom Boom Boostiers brow powder on the brush.
- ● Starting in the center, fill in sparse areas and shadow the shape of the brow – NEVER draw a new shape with powder (or pencil, for that matter), that’s where you’ll get into a jam. You can extend the length and shape of your brows, but stick to their natural shape. Here’s how to use brow powder!
- ● Use the matte concealer side of Boom Boom Push-Up brow highlighting pencil (it’s a new formulation and so creamy) on the brow bone to create the illusion of lift and camouflage stragglers that grow between waxing services.
- ● Dab the sparkle side on the inside corner of the eye for a dash of wonderment for the holiday season. Here’s how to use a brow highlighter!
Brow highlighter accentuates the positive and downplays the negative. It’s the little pick me up every woman wants and deserves, spread sparkle and cheer with Push Up, it’s the perfect stocking stuffer… even for yourself!
Now for the perfect red lip, it’s all about the right color and application. You want to look bright and beautiful, not like Aunt Marge after one too many Manhattans. And, red comes in so many variations, orange-blue, blue-red, true red… so, go to a makeup counter and try a bunch on to see what you can carry off.
Perfect Red Lip
- ● Apply a lip foundation.
- ● Brush on favorite red lipstick from the middle out.
- ● Apply a matching red liner around the edges of the lips for definition, if lips are thin, you can apply liner just outside your lip line to fake fullness.
- ● Rub lips together to spread and even lipstick.
Malynda Vigliotti (aka Boom Boom) is the flashiest waxer in NYC. She’s obsessed with brows –100,000+ served at Boom Boom Brow Bar in NYC– and sees no reason why everyone shouldn’t have thick, gorgeous eyebrows. She makes waxing fun and affordable for everyone, just walk-in to 35 Seventh Avenue!
Photos: Getty Images