Actress Natalie Dormer looked every bit the glamorous Hollywood starlet she is at the premier of “Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.” Macadamia Professional’s International Creative Director, Giannandrea, styled Dormer’s hair, inspired by old Hollywood glamour. Her golden tresses flowed down in soft, loose waves, blending beautifully with the Rochas gown she wore.
How did Giannandrea achieve this gorgeous glam look?
- 1. He started with damp hair and applied Macadamia Professional’s Foaming Volumizer to the whole head, from roots to ends.
- 2. Next he created a deep, side part
- 3. He then blow dried her hair in large sections, creating ample volume all around the head
- 4. Along the front hairline, hair was blown backwards for high extra face-framing volume.
- 5. Set side and back waves in place using a 1-inch curling iron. Make sure to spray each section with Macadamia Professional Control Working Spray.
- 6. Curl waves in front part of the hair, close to the face, a bit tighter and work your way down the length. The back part is only rounder at the bottom. (Natalie’s waves are tighter the in front, near the face, and looser in the back.)
- 7. At this point, brush hair downward to soften the waves. Giannandrea then added extra shine and smoothness by running a dime size amount of Macadamia Professional’s Healing Oil Treatment throughout the length of the hair with his hands.
- 8. To define the part and smooth it, brush hair and set the waves with Macadamia Professional’s Control Working Spray, while holding the style in place with clips.
- 9. After a few minutes, take the clips out and spray hair one more time.
The smoothness and the shine will highlight the waves; it’s all about the brushing and smoothing with this style!
Photos: Getty Images