“Even if you have products and tricks that make naturally curly hair look great, stylists and guests alike seem to always be on the quest for something new and better,” says Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care.
Roche helped launch Pureology Curl Complete, which delivers natural-feeling, frizz-free definition, to the consumer press this month and addressed commonly asked questions.
When do I apply products?
Initially, apply products immediately after squeezing out excess water with a towel, once hair starts to dry, products are less effective.
Step 1: Leave in Treatment/Primer. Rather than having to cocktail a cream and serum together, try Curl Extend dual formula prier and refresher – two chambers lock in moisture and shape for lasting frizz control and curl memory. Rub together two pumps in palms and apply underneath from roots to ends, working from the bottom of the head up.
Step 2: Volume. If volume needs to be tamed and the shape pulled in, use Curl Complete Taming Butter leave-in styling butter to relax and control frizz. If volume needs to be increased, use Curl Complete Uplifting Curl ultra-light spray gel to revive lifeless (and even color-treated) curls with definition and bounce.
Step 3: Hold. If more hold or texture is needed, apply another styling product, such as Pureology Colour Stylist Illuminating Curl 24 hour shaping lotion, which gives a little more structure and hold to the curl.
How do I style it?
The first and most important step for those with naturally curly hair is to start with a great cut, so make sure to get advanced training on this hair type.
Air-drying is best with minimal touching – if crunched for time, use a diffuser attachment to keep air from blowing curls all over and roughing up the cuticle.
Once hair is completely dry, work fingers into hair against the scalp and shake the roots up to fluff for looser curls and volume. Do not run fingers through hair, as this will disturb the curls.
Pureology Curl Complete: http://www.pureology.com
- • Shampoo: low-lathering cleanser for daily use; small amount goes a long way.
- • Condition: hydrating, detangling condition for daily use.
- • Moisture Melt Masque: apply after shampoo and leave on for 2-5 minutes, then rinse.
- • Taming Butter: Leave-in styling cream.
- • Uplifting Curl: Spray onto damp or dry hair as needed and style as usual, do not rinse.
- • Curl Extend: Tap bottle onto hard surface and press pump several times. Press center to dispense 2 formulas. Pump small amount into palm and work through damp or dry hair. Do not rinse.