We know ponytails are the ideal go-to style for clients as they can be styled up or down, are fast and simple to do, and look great on 2nd day hair.
Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist shares one of her favorite ponytail styles, the Sleek, Low Textured Ponytail. “This look is easy to do yourself and doesn’t take long with a little ‘know how’ – it immediately gives you the glam effect with minimal effort. The texture in the ponytail is key to this look as it creates a point of difference from just an ordinary low ponytail,” says Jenny Balding.
- – Start with day old hair as this will be easier to manage and look better.
- – Create a low side part on whichever side suits your face shape best. Mist hair with a light spray all over to smooth any flyaway strands and smooth down.
- – Gather your hair at the nape and sweep into low ponytail and tie making sure to keep the top area really smooth and sleek. Take a small piece of hair from the under section of the ponytail and wrap around the base and pin. I love Cutler Flyaway Stick to use over the part and crown to create a sleek, beautiful sheen to the hair.
- – Using a mini crimper, take small sections of the ponytail and crimp each section. Mist a light hairspray on each section to give a little hold.
- – Brush hair through with boar bristle flat brush to create the perfect juxtaposition of the two textures – the sleek top and the textured, crimped tail.