Eighties’ influence is back, more than ever: neon is hot and punk inspired hair is also back in a big way (and we don’t mean big hair)!
If you have a bad case of hair boredom and are ready to try something with a little more intensity, New York Streets has some new styling products that give you some edge and a trip down memory lane. Punk looks ranging from mohawks to heavy metal braids and long bobs are haute for all, and different dos are like a breath of fresh air for your hair.
New York Streets presents Punk Pop Rocks –two hair looks that are easy to tone down for everyday– featuring new high performance styling products: Xtreme Gel, Gridlock, Hairspray, and Volume Foam.
Here are two looks by Lisa Lobosco, New York Streets’ Creative Director.
THE FIERY LOB Who doesn’t grave Debbie Harry’s sexy iconic hair?
This long bob us all the rage and waves amp-up the volume of this textured look (this style works best on fine to medium hair).
- 1. Prep damp hair with a volumizing mousse. Try: New York Streets Volume Foam ($17.50). One or 2 pumps is all you need. Apply to wet hair before blow drying for maximum volume and shine on even the finest hair. Work through curly hair for beautiful, bouncy curls without frizz
- 2. Blow dry hair with paddle brush.
- 3. Tease base of hair all over and create separation using your fingertips.
- 4. Set this style with a hard hold hairspray. Try: New York Streets Hairspray ($17.50) for strong hold and subtle shine.
- Tip: Twist and pin the sides up and secure with bobby pins to take this look from day to night.
THE FAUXHAWK WITH CLOSE SHAVED SIDES Go Extreme or Classic Edge
- 1. Blow dry hair with a paddle brush.
- 2. Hang your head upside down, and blast hair with a blow dryer on high heat.
- 3. Apply New York Streets Gridlock ($16). A super-fast drying fiber fixative for bold texture and maximum hold. Gridlock fiber gel instantly creates sharp, sculpted shapes and provides non-flaking, mega hold.
- 4. Rub the necessary amount of gel on your hands. With your head still upside down, put your hands together with your hair in the middle and pull downward to create textured spikes. Try: New York Streets Xtreme Gel ($15): Super-hard holding gel dries fast and doesn’t flake!