Celebrity colorist, Denis De Souza, worked his magic on AngelFoodStyle fashion blogger, Sophie Elkus’s trademark gold mane – breaking up the monochromatic tone by softening her natural base, then adding lighter blonde highlights on hair ends to brighten up the overall color.
The result? That jet-set “pop” designed to help her stand out among the fashionistas. The final flourish was a demi-permanent gloss to seal the hair’s cuticle (it prevents hair color from fading or changing), while adding phenomenal, long-lasting shine. Before Denis sent Sophie out the door, he made sure to arm his style star with some great advice for keeping her blonde totally bombshell:
- – Having the best products on hand will guarantee fresh, lustrous color. Joico’s Color Endure Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner is specifically designed to extend the life of your salon investment.
- – Indulge your hair once a week with a deeply nourishing treatment, like K-PAK Revitaluxe; it protects against color fade by 94 percent.
- – Limit your shampoos to twice a week, if possible. If you need to re-style between cleansings, simply add conditioner to damp hair (it won’t strip color), then rinse thoroughly.
- – Work in a dollop of Joico’s Heat Set Blow Dry Perfecting Crème before hitting hair with a blow-dryer, which can sap moisture and take a toll on fresh color.
- – Avoid direct sun exposure, by wearing a hat in warm-weather climates.