New York Fashion Week’s Maria Ke Fisherman’s Spring 2015 collection is inspired by the “imperviousness of innocence and youth in the fractal city.” Amazingly strong, symmetric braids were created by Catwalk® by TIGI® Global Creative Director Nick Irwin – learn how to!
In this densely populated city, where criminal gangs suppose the only order, one young girl is saved by the last firefighter. With this in mind, Catwalk® by TIGI® Global Creative Director Nick Irwin developed a strong braided look which softens through the front, speaking perfectly to Maria Ke Fisherman’s impermeable girl.
- • Create a one-inch section of hair at the center, starting at the hairline all the way to the nape (a sort of ‘mohawk’ section of hair). Secure side sections away, leaving center panel for braiding.
- • Braid center section of hair using a cornrow method from front to back and transitioning into a 3-strand technique when reaching the nape. Secure at the very end with an elastic and fold braid up onto itself; secure with pins.
- • Divide each side into two sections, spraying front section from hairline to just above the ear with Catwalk® by TIGI® Session Series Work It Hairspray to create a lacquer effect and comb through to smooth flyaways and imperfections; fasten with a clear elastic into a ponytail in front of ear and then 3-strand braid till ends; secure with an elastic.
- • Divide remaining hair on either side, into two horizontal sections to create triangular segments of hair. Apply Catwalk® by TIGI® Session Series Work It Hairspray and cornrow each of the four segments, starting at the hairline and eventually continuing into a 3-strand braid when reaching the part. Once braids are complete, fold them onto themselves to create your own version of a braid design pending the length of your hair; secure with pins.
- • Finish by spraying Catwalk® by TIGI® Camera Ready Shine Spray.
Photos: Getty Images