NYFW Jeremy Scott’s show featured psychedelic prints, floral patterns and quirky animated hair to match. Learn how to get the hair look from Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman!
The surf inspired look at the Jeremy Scott S/S ’15 show in New York saw individual takes on sexy beach hair. “Jeremy and I wanted the hair to appear windswept and raw like it had been styled by the sun and sea while still remaining chic and stylish,” said Eugene Souleiman.
“I wanted to create a look based on surf culture that was relaxed and revealed the natural texture of the hair. Each girl had a unique look which was adapted to suit her individual style – a hidden braid, or a random crimped section; just something to set them each apart,” added Eugene. The addition of brightly colored hair accessories, designed by Miley Cyrus, added the perfect pop of quirkiness!
Get the Look:
- 1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
- 2. Roughly dry the hair, turning the head upside down and blasting the roots to create volume.
- 3. Once dry, spray hair generously with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz for texture and the perfect base for styling.
- 4. Take sections of hair and create any selection of the following:
- – Random sections of crimped hair: Using a crimping iron on various lengths of the hair to provide points of interest.
- – Thin braids at the back or front of the head: Using a fine tooth comb, back comb the end of the braid and spray with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to secure the braid without an elastic.
- – Thick braids: Separate hair into 3-4 braids and secure each with an elastic. Spray each braid with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray, apply heat with hair dryer and diffuser then unbraid for a beachy texture.
- 5. Rake fingers through hair (especially on the crown of the head) for a full, voluminous, textured finish.