Estetica was backstage at Nanette Lepore’s NYFW presentation and we spoke with Linh Nguyen who was working with Cutler Salon for Redken and got the scoop of their chic top knot inspiration!
“Nanette wanted a sun kissed beauty who in one swift wardrobe change could go from day to night. This effortlessly chic topknot perfectly captures today’s modern woman on the go,” explains lead stylist, Linh Nguyen. “We wanted to keep the hair very soft, easy breezy. We wanted to do something that looked like she did herself, so we did a topknot that looked almost like this.”
- 1. Beginning with dry, straightened hair, apply Redken Fashion Work 12 – Versatile Working Spray all over to add grit and texture, and then finger comb ‘do into a ponytail high up on top of the head, securing with an elastic.
- 2. Section the ponytail and apply Redken Wind Blown 05 Drying Finishing Spray throughout. Using a paddle brush, tease hair to add volume and dimension.
- 3. After the entire ponytail is teased, proceed with wrapping the hair clockwise into a “messy” topknot and secure with bobby pins.
- 4. Spritz Redken Wind Blown 05 Drying Finishing Spray all over to texturize. Using fingertips or the palms of hands, lightly brush at hair to create purposefully tousled wind blown look.
- 5. Finish with Redken Fashion Work 12 – Versatile Working Spray for extra hold.
Photo Credit: Jane Kratochvil for Jane Kratochvil Photography/Cutler Salon