Simple detailing takes over the runway for Tibi Spring/Summer 2015! A fusion of Japanese aesthetic meshed with Peruvian craft work was the inspiration to the Spring/Summer 2015 collection for Tibi by designer Amy Smilovic.
To correspond with a collection featuring rich details such as quilted Fuji silks, raw edges and touches of watery colors, Aveda Guest Artist Frank Rizzieri fashioned a modern style with edge and sophistication. “With just small touches of details, a straight style was transformed,” Rizzieri said. “The bungee elastic allowed for a cool placement to keep the hair off the face, while the addition of the ridges midway down the hair added an element of interest setting the look apart from a traditional straight look.”
How to Get the Look!
- Step 1: Apply a thin layer of Pure Abundance™ Style Prep™ to give the hair volume and grip. Once fully spritzed, use a blow dryer to dry the hair straight, not allowing for any bends in the hair.
- Step 2: Lightly mist hair from roots to ends with Air Control™ Hair Spray. In small sections, use a flat iron to make hair stick straight. Once done, set with Air Control™ Hair Spray.
- Step 3: Starting on the left side of the head, lift a section of hair out of the way to back-comb the underneath side section that rests just behind the ear. The teased section will serve as the anchor for the bungee cord hair tie. Repeat on the right side.
- Step 4: Beginning on the left side of the head, hook the bungee cord hair tie into place and pull to the right side, securing in the teased sections of hair. Set with Air Control™ Hair Spray.
- Step 5: With the flat iron, take a top section of hair midway down between the ear and bottom of hair ends and grip the hair with the iron. Slightly flip the iron up to make a small ridge. Then create another ridge, just below, in the opposite direction.
- Step 6: Use 5 drops of Dry Remedy™ Daily Moisturizing Oil to gently set the top of the hair for a final sheen.
Photos: Getty Images/Aveda