This season, Simkhai and Catwalk® by TIGI® Global Creative Director Nick Irwin have once again paired up to develop an effortless hair look that speaks perfectly to Simkhai’s uptown/downtown girl. Discover how to get the look!
Estetica was backstage at the Jonathan Simkhai presentation and we talked with our friend Nick Irwin about the look he created for the runway and the trends he’s seen this season. “Jonathan has a lot of graphic lines in the clothes, but we liked soft silhouette. We wanted something very simple. A girl that would literally just do her own hair, nothing too contrived, just naturally cool and young and modern.” “There’s an element of something that’s being done to the hair, maybe the day before. She’s a busy girl, she’s from uptown but has a slight punk attitude towards life,” explains Nick.
Get the Look!
- • Mist hair with Catwalk® by TIGI® Fast Fixx Style Prep and create a center part, tucking hair behind the ears.
• Next, section the hair horizontally at the back of the head and spray Catwalk® by TIGI® Bodifying Spray at the roots and on the surface of hair.
• Blow dry hair, focusing on collapsing the hair flat against the head throughout, as you move through each section towards the top of the head.
• Using a small-barreled curler, curl random half-inch sections towards the ends of the hair creating a slight texture. Set the shape in place with sectioning clips.
• Once set, remove clips and finish with a spritz of Catwalk® by TIGI® Session Series Work It Hairspray.
Photo: Getty Images