Vivid color and graphic prints reigned supreme for the Spring/Summer 2015 Novis presentation by designer Jordana Warmflash. Aveda Guest Artist Frank Rizzieri created a sculptural knotted bun to coincide with the details and distinction of the collection.
“This is the bun of that cool girl who just happened to easily twist her hair up and off of her face,” Rizzieri said. “It has natural pieces poking out so it’s not too perfect. It’s definitely graphic, different, but simple looking to match the details of the clothes, but not take away from the collection.”
Hair: How to Get the Look!
- Step 1: Spritz hair with Pure Abundance™ Style Prep™ to give volume and thickness in preparation for the hair to hold the finished style.
- Step 2: Blow dry hair straight to help expand the volume while also creating sleekness; add a light mist of Brilliant™ Spray-On Shine for a touch of sheen.
- Step 3: Create a solid center part before pulling hair tightly back into a ponytail that rests just above the nape of the neck, but below the center of the head; firmly secure with a bungee cord elastic.
- Step 4: Taking two sections from the ponytail begin to strongly knot the sections tightly doing this continuously until the end of the ponytail.
- Step 5: Coil the knotted sections up into the base of the ponytail letting random pieces poke out for a sculptured look and added detail. Secure the knotted bun with pins until it is tight to the head.
- Step 6: Apply Air Control™ Hair Spray onto a small bristled brush and gently use on the top of the head toward the bun to smooth flyaways.
Make Up: All Grown Up – A pretty touch of pink!
- For the Spring/Summer 2015 Novis presentation it was all about pop art-inspired graphics and vivid color. To be a soft addition to the look of the collection, Janell Geason, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Makeup created a face that was subdued and elegant. “The look is really beautiful and fresh, but not so girly; it’s much more lady like and grown up,” Geason said. Using colors from the Aveda Spring/Summer 2015 makeup collection, Geason kept the face clean while subtle bursts of pinks were found on the eyes and lips.
Make Up: How to Get the Look!
- Step 1: Create a dewy appearance by moisturizing the face with Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme. Even out skin by applying Inner Light Mineral Loose Powder in the shade closest to the skin tone.
Step 2: Groom brows by brushing up and over, then set with a coat of Mosscara™ in Earth.
Step 3: For the eyes, apply Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Azalea from the lid to the brow bone. Then apply Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Winter Lilac to the outer edges of the top lids. Use Mosscara™ in Earth on the upper and lower lashes.
- Step 4: Contour the cheeks with Uruku Bronzer in Amazonia.
- Step 5: For the lips, block out the natural lip color by coating the lips with Inner Light™ Concealer in a color closest to the skin tone.
- Step 6: Using a fresh lip applicator, dab the lips with Nourish-Mint™ Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Pink Hibiscus.
Photos: Aveda / Getty Images