Vivienne Tam’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection references the energetic collecting, cataloging, and exporting of China’s last dynasty – the Qing Dynasty. Learn here how to get the hair look!
With texture and color being a huge feature throughout the collection, Catwalk by TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin felt the hair needed to neutralize and unify the girls. The result: a modern, sporty look with dual texture, perfectly complementary to Tam’s collection of nature-focused colors and prints.
Estetica was backstage at Vivienne Tam presentation and we were able to catch up with our friend Nick Irwin: “Vivienne’s collections are always very busy, lots of details. For the hair, first we wanted something simple, then I pushed for this idea of making the girl a bit cooler and younger. We just want to loosen the hair, and we want that wet look like they’ve been at the beach all day and their hair just dried that way. This look really adds that level of youngness,” said Nick.
Get the look!
- – Prep the hair with Catwalk by TIGI Fast Fixx Style Prep and create a center part.
- – Next, section the back of the head, startig at the nape and apply Catwalk by TIGI Strong Hold Mousse from root through to mid ends on each section. Blow-dry using a flat brush, flattening the hair to the shape of the head, keeping the ends free and textured. Repeat, up to the crown.
- – Repeat the process at either side of the center part, making sure to keep the hair lying forward, not back.
- – Next, tuck haphazard strands behind the ears and then sweep two front strands of hair across forehead and behind ear – creating a piecey, side-swept look.
- – Set the look with Catwalk by TIGI Camera Ready.
Photos: Getty Images/Estetica