Legendary hairstylist Odile Gilbert created a side-part low ponytail design for Jason Wu Spring/Summer 2015 show during New York Fashion Week using Kérastase iconic products… get the look!
Side-Part Low Ponytail How-To:
– On dry hair, apply Mousse Bouffant and Ciment Thermique.
– With a paddle brush, blow dry in a backwards motion for volume.
– Using a tail comb, create a side part. Leave two-inch strips of hair on either side of the face and pull back the remaining hair and secure (temporarily) with a clip.
–Pulling hair from the clip, section by section, spray with Laque Dentelle and twist with your fingers before curling around a 2” barrel curling iron for added texture.
– Collect the two front strips and pull with the remaining length at the back of the head into a pony, securing at the nape of the neck with an elastic.
– Comb fingers through the lengths of hair to create a soft, natural look.
– Apply Baume Double Je to prevent fly-aways and secure hair in place
Kérastase Products Used To Get the Look:
Mousse Bouffante – a volumizing mousse that envelops the fiber to thicken strands for all-over volume.
Ciment Thermique – thermal protectant topseal that works to instantly reconstruct, reinforce and resurface the hair fiber.
Baume Double Je – a half paste/half cream formula that offers medium hold and adjustable radiance.
Laque Dentelle – micro-fine diffusion hairspray that sets all styles in place with a flexible long-lasting hold.