Acclaimed hairstylist Rodney Cutler for Cutler/Redken Salon styled for the Dannijo Spring/Summer 2015 presentation during NYFW drawing inspiration from Mongolian tribal feel.
“I was inspired by the sisters’ passion and vision for this Spring/Summer collection and went about creating a hair look that would complement the amazing styling and theme of travel. Similar to the rustic yet picturesque staging of the presentation, the hair brought to life a natural, Mongolian tribal feel with a fishtail that journeyed on to a polished pony,” said lead stylist, Rodney Cutler.
- 1. Begin styling with dry, straightened hair.
- 2. Pull hair back into a sleek ponytail using a fine bristle brush. Secure the hair on the back of the head, so that it is parallel to the middle of the ear. Use a thin elastic to secure.
- 3. Depending on hair thickness, work a dime to quarter size dollop of Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 – Cushioning Blow Dry Gel into the first 4-5 inches of hair below the ponytail.
- 4. Weave into a tight, smooth fishtail braid. To create a fishtail separate the hair into two sections and cross small strands over each other, towards the opposite section.
- 5. After braiding this portion of the hair, secure with an additional hair tie and allow the bottom of the hair to hang.
- 6. After secured, use a 1-2” flat iron to straighten the unbraided hair for a sleek ponytail.
- 7. Finish off by spraying Redken Fashion Work 12 – Versatile Working Spray to tackle any flyaways.
Photo: Cutler Salon