If the hair wasn’t down and natural –Amy Poehler, Christina Hendricks and Heidi Klum– it was up, and what made it new this season was a messy texture (i.e. bed head) pulled into a classic shape!
Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care came up with how to get the hottest looks of the night!
January Jones and Taylor Schilling both wore a classic chignon at the nape with a fringe or side swept bangs. Here’s how to create the look:
– Apply Pureology Root Lift by spraying lightly through damp hair.
– Rough dry with hands and then set with a 1 1/2” curling iron.
– ‘Brush’ through with fingers and spray Pureology Fresh Approach Dry Shampoo throughout the hair.
– Backcomb the roots at the top and front to create volume and smooth the back and sides using Pureology Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray into a ponytail, then twist into a bun.
– Smooth front and sides with hands into place, and finish with more hairspray.
Another classic shape that sparkled was the ballerina bun – a nod to Audrey Hepburn. Sarah Hyland looked simply beautiful in a long coral skirt and simple bun.
– Apply Pureology Silk Bodifier volumizing mousse into slightly damp hair.
– Rough dry with hands to create a disheveled texture.
– Using just your hands, ‘comb’ hair up to the top of your head and secure with in elastic, creating a ponytail.
– Using a ‘donut’ shaped hair pad, pull hair through the center and secure pad with bobby pins. Then, use a tail comb or chopstick to tuck the hair around the pad, hiding all the ends.
– Finish with Pureology Supreme Control Hair Spray.
Photos: Getty Images