The holidays are just around the corner and clients will be attending an array of work & play parties this season. Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Stylist shares her favorite style to take clients from work to play – achieving this look in under 10 minutes!
How-To Disheveled French Twist:
- • Start with day old hair as you’ll have some texture in your hair and it will be easier to manage.
• Use dry shampoo to really boost the texture of your roots (Redken Pillow Proof Dry Shampoo is excellent!). Spray throughout your roots and even the mid-lengths to create body and texture. Shake through with your fingers.
• Use a light hairspray for a little hold – Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray works best as it is a versatile spray. Mist over all and shake up with your hands to really create body and movement.
• Section out the crown and front area and pin to one side.
• Sweep the sides and back together and then twist upwards and pin. Make sure to use hairpins (U shaped pins) so they can really anchor the hair.
• Take your top section and roll under and pin at the crown for a little height in this area.
• Loosen the hairline a little with your fingers to work suits your face shape best then add a hair accessory of your choice.