When Marcy McDonald, designer stylist at Tangles Salon, had a client ask for a more vibrant healthier hairstyle, she thought Chocolate Cabernet – rich silky ribbons of brunette with a high gloss cabernet shine!
It is Texas after all, so why not go BIG with an exciting new shape and color!
“When my client Melissa came into the salon, she had not had her hair colored in 3 months. She explained that she wanted to go shorter and darker without sacrificing brightness and the health of her hair,” says McDonald.
Chocolate Cabernet How-To
- • Step 1: Apply Formula A to new growth area
- • Step 2: Section hair into 4 quadrants
- • Step 3: Starting in the back, take 1” diagonal partings and apply Formula B on mids and ends using a board. Repeat with the next 1” section using Formula C. Alternate Formula B and C.
- • Step 4: Repeat Step 3 in all quadrants
- • Process for 25 minutes then rinse with Goldwell Dualsenses Color Fadestop Shampoo and Conditioner
Formula A: Goldwell Topchic 60mls 6% developer + 5N 20mls + 6NBK 40mls
Formula B: Goldwell Topchic 40mls 3% developer + 5BG 40mls
Formula C: Goldwell Topchic 40mls 3% developer + 6KS 40mls
To style with an ultra glossy finish, apply Goldwell Top Wip Volume Mousse to roots and blow dry with a medium round brush, then use Goldwell Dualsenses Color Serum Spray for maximum shine and finish with Goldwell Gloss STYLE SIGN Magic Finish 3 Brilliance Hairspray.