Paula Kent Meehan’s passing has touched so many in the world of hairdressing. Here some of the leading figures in the industry recall their own experiences and share their personal thoughts in homage to her indelible memory.
- ROBERTO PISSIMIGLIA, PUBLISHER, ESTETICA NETWORK ‣‣‣
- “There are some ICONS that will remain forever in the history of hairdressing. We have lost some of them recently:Vidal Sassoon, Guy Mascolo, Aldo Coppola, Horst Rechelbacher. “Stars in the firmament of Coiffure” that, like many other “visionary hairdressers”, will never be forgotten… Paula Kent Meehan has left her beloved Beverly Hills villa to join them. Forever. She was the ultimate icon of excellence in the beauty industry worldwide. An idol for all famous hairdressers and for those who wanted to grow professionally.
- I have had the good fortune and privilege of meeting her on many occasions around the world, of working at her side, of developing and sharing plans for our sector (initially for her beloved Redken and later for the Global Salon Business Award…). Paula was a giving person: those who knew her and those whose benefitted from her entrepreneurial spirit, those who were infected by the passion with which she did everything she set out to do; those who have succeeded in following her example of constant and relentless dedication to our sector.
- These are the values that Paula indelibly leaves impressed on all of us. THANK YOU, PAULA!
- TONI MASCOLO, OBE, KCSG ‣‣‣
- “I had the good fortune to meet this amazing lady who has revolutionised the way that the colour and products have been put together. She’s a real entrepreneur of the time and was also the first one to put hairdressing on the map with competitions all over the world and i was there as a judge with her in California. My experience was amazing and she has done so much for the hairdressing industry, she will be remembered forever in the hairdressing world.”
KLAUS PETER OCHS, PRESIDENT INTERCOIFFURE MONDIAL ‣‣‣
“Paula was always a true longstanding friend of Intercoiffure, supporting our organization all through the years. For those among us who knew her personally, she had indeed a very rich personality and was a much committed philanthropist serving kids, art, medical research and so many more causes. Paula was a fantastic mentor and will remain an inspirational icon. We are all very thankful for what she has done and brought to our industry.
Intercoiffure has lost an industry legend and a friend. We will miss her.
The Fondation Guillaume joins us to thank Paula for all her actions worldwide and pay her a last tribute.
Dear Paula, rest in peace.”
- LLUÍS LLONGUERAS & JOCELYNE LLONGUERAS ‣‣‣
- “Farewell to a great leader of the Hair Global Industry… We will always remember you because of your great charisma and professionalism. You’ll be forever in our hearts.”
- ROB PEETOOM ‣‣‣
- “Paula Kent’s creation of Redken, a product of high quality and image, played an important part in the establishment of my brand. Creating, establishing and marketing a successful beauty product is her legacy. But it is what she gave back to the industry, what I admire most. She taught us to treat the industry with respect and give back at all times, because we are truly blessed to be part of it.”
- ELSA HARALDSDÓTTIR ‣‣‣
- “I believe that no woman or man have done more for our industry then her. She is the one who emphasized and focused on education and beauty through science. I first met Paula in 1981 and we connected through Intercoiffure. It was then in 1986 that I became a distributer for Redken in Iceland and had the opportunity to travel with Paula and her team all over the world. We visited and presented Redken in many countries, including Korea, Japan, South Africa and all over Europe.
- Paula believed everything was possible. I will always remember one time, when we met in Paris, that she decided it was a perfect time to visit Iceland. So she flew me to Iceland in her private jet and stayed there with her friends for a few days.
I believe that when I think back and consider who have influenced our life, she will be the one that influenced me the most.”