Beauty Changes Lives was created as an initiative of the American Association of Cosmetology Schools, and in 2012 was established as 501(C)(3) through the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation (BCL).
The Beauty Changes Lives Foundation focuses on the following objectives:
- • Building awareness of career opportunities in the beauty and wellness industry.
- • Uniting industry professionals in one mission through their time and resources.
- • Awarding scholarships to students entering the profession and helping to remove financial hurdles.
- • Supporting professionals through advanced education experiences.
- • Connecting iconic beauty and wellness industry leaders with current students through Celebrity Mentorships.
- • Raising awareness of the beauty industry’s philanthropic activities.
How is Beauty Changing Lives Making a Difference?
- • Nearly 100 scholarships are awarded to aspiring and licensed beauty and wellness professionals.
- • $450,000 awarded to winners of the Vidal Sassoon Professional Beauty Education Scholarship Program (30 student and 30 licensed hairstylist scholarships).
- • $50,000 awarded to 10 winners of the BCL|CND|Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarship Program.
- • $24,000 awarded to 12 winners of the BCL Massage Therapy Education Scholarship Program.
- • $20,000 awarded to 10 winners of the Inaugural BCL Prospective Student Scholarship Programs.
- • Supported by the industry’s leading manufacturers/brans, media and artists.
What’s Next on Beauty Changes Lives Horizon?
- • July 12th Press Conference — 2015 Legacy of Style Recipient announcement.
- • July 14th – Next rounds of Beauty Changes Lives scholarships open; we’ll award another $212,000 for Cosmetology, Nail, and Massage Programs!
Who Supports Beauty Changing Lives?
Beauty Changing Lives is honored to enjoy financial and leadership support from leading manufacturers, brands, and individuals, including Massage Envy Spa, Wella Professionals, Dr. Howard Murad, CND, Nail Pro, Launch Pad, Dayspa, Nail It and Viet Salon magazines, along with the creative talents and passions of industry artists. Past Celebrity Mentors have included Jan Arnold, Ted Gibson, Dr. Howard Murad, Johnny Wright, Lydia Sarafati, Vivienne Mackinder and Diana Schmidtke.
The Industry Verdict:
“As founding President of Beauty Changing Lives, I have been honored to lead the initiative and witness the passion BCL inspires in everyone we touch – from manufacturers to professional icons to students just entering beauty school. BCL unites professionals across the globe to celebrate the rich and rewarding careers in beauty and wellness, to share their journey, to celebrate legacies, and contribute their time and resources. Watching students lives change through the gifts of BCL is transformative and life changing. Every person whose life we touch brings me great joy and fuels my passion and spirit to grow BCL to new heights.” Lynelle Lynch, President and Owner, Bellus Academy, BCL Board President
“I serve Beauty Changes Lives as a board member and donor because I am committed to exposing, elevating and educating the richness of a career in beauty and wellness to the world! Professional beauty offers a high demand, high fashion, high reward and high income potential career. In just a few months, individuals can build a rewarding career in an exciting, fast pace industry! I support BCL’s commitment to attract and retain the best talent and perpetuate the legacy of greatness in our profession. In summary, I give to Beauty Changes Lives because I love the profession and am committed to attracting and developing the best talent to a rich career in beauty and wellness.” Jan Arnold, CND Co-founder and Style Director, BCL Board Director
“The business of beauty is diverse, exciting and the epitome of the American Dream – you can become and achieve anything you desire through hard work and dedication. Sharing that message is why I choose to be part of Beauty Changes Lives.” Reuben Carranza, President, R+Co, Luxury Brand Partners, BCL Board Director
For more information, please visit www.beautychangeslives.org