Wella Professionals will host the finalists in this year’s exciting Wella Student Competition, to be held during Premiere Orlando, on June 2, 2014, at the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center.
The 4th annual competition marks a record-breaking year of inspiring entries from Wella partner cosmetology schools across the nation.
“This competition shines the spotlight on student stylists who create beauty and defy convention,” noted Carole Protat, Creative Director, Wella North America. “We are fostering a community of young, driven and talented stylists. The students’ online entries showed a passion that matches Wella’s own passion, and our commitment to supporting stylists throughout every stage of their career.”
Wella also believes that behind every great student is a great teacher. To honor cosmetology teachers, any student who competed in the Wella Student Competition could nominate their mentor or instructor for special recognition. The “Instructor of the Year” nominees, who encourage and inspire students throughout their journeys to becoming amazing stylists, will also be honored.
“Throughout our careers there are special folks who truly believe in our ability,” commented Fabio Sementilli, VP, Wella Education on the announcement. “They know it is their duty to mentor and guide us to succeed and positively change our lives. For this reason, Wella designed this special award category to recognize the often unsung instructors and mentors in beauty schools and salons throughout North America.”
The Wella Student Competition takes place on Monday, June 2nd at 11:00 a.m., in the Wella Professionals exhibit at Premiere Orlando.
The Wella Student Competition will be judged LIVE, on the Wella Professionals exhibit stage by a panel of industry glitterati, including Wella stylists. Winners will take home cash prizes, and an incredible experience. Professionals and instructors alike won’t want to miss the opportunity to hear from the best-of-the-best, on trends, fashion and salon business advice.
For those unable to see the competition in person, it will be webcast live via www.facebook.com/WellaEd
Announcing the Wella Student Competition Finalists
In the Wella Professionals category:
- • Dorlissea Darnee’, Regency Beauty Institute – Cooperwood, CO
- • Autumn Macias, Bellus Academy – Poway, CA
- • Joshua Lucero, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Layton, UT
- • Aliscea Ledesma, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Phoenix, AZ
- • Zoudi Abraha, Bellus Academy – Poway, CA
- • Maggie Fields, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Mesa AZ
- • Cortnee Christine Farris, Regency Beauty Institute – Olathe, KS
- • Katie Gill, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Phoenix, AZ
In the Sebastian Professional category:
- • Marquisha Burks, Regency Beauty Institute – Arlington, TX
- • Yvonne Acosta, Bellus Academy – El Cajon, CA
- • Saul Sotelo, Ogle School – San Antonio, TX
- • Ashton Morgan, Beau Monde Academy – Portland OR
- • Lynette Graves, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Phoenix, AZ
- • Rebecca Flores, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Mesa, AZ
- • Yolanda Real, Beau Monde College of Hair Design – Portland, OR
In the Instructor of the Year category:
- • Erik Thrane, Bellus Academy – Poway, CA
• Andrea Blonquist, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Layton, UT
• Claudine, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Phoenix, AZ
• Bryden Muggleston, Bellus Academy – Poway, CA
• Aimee, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Mesa, AZ
• Brittany Novak, Bellus Academy – El Cajon, CA
• Maria Maidwell, Ogle School- San Antonio, TX
• Rie Yamada, Beau Monde College of Hair Design – Portland OR
• Jen Zemel, Avalon School of Cosmetology – Mesa, AZ