L’Oréal Professionnel’s first-ever Ambassadress, Kirsten Dunst captivated the Met Gala red carpet with a 30’s inspired galactic ballerina bun created by Hairstylist, Cervando Maldonado for L’Oréal Professionnel.
Capturing inspiration from Marlene Dietrich and Helmut Newton, with a nod to the elegance of Charles James: Beyond Fashion, Maldonado adorned the look with a diamond and ribbon headpiece by Van Cleef & Arpels. The ethereal style was paired with a ‘death star’ inspired gown by Rodarte.
THE LOOK: 30’S INSPIRED GALACTIC BALLERINA BUN
- – Prep damp hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Mousse Volupté and rake through with fingers and spray L’Oréal Professionnel Volumetry Root Spray to add volume at the roots.
- – Create soft finger waves at the crown by sweeping a 3-inch section towards the right side and adding bobby pins to set waves throughout the section.
- – While the style sets, blow-dry rest of hair, starting at the bottom and working in sections using a medium size round brush.
- – Brush dry hair back into a ponytail and secure just above the occipital bone then twist hair into a tight ballerina bun, securing with bobby pins and hair pins.
- – Once front section is dry and set, remove bobby pins, brush through and loosely secure the wave into the bun.
- – Spray hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Volumetry Powder Fresh SOS Refreshing Spray to rid any excess oil, finish with a light mist of L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Reinforcing Milk for camera-ready shine
- – Finish the look with added elegance, by placing a jeweled hair piece at the top of the ballerina bun.
- Artist tip: L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Reinforcing Milk can be used as a finishing spray to add reflection and shine to any look – on or off the red carpet.
“You can interpret this red carpet look by asking your stylist to create finger waves or by blow-drying hair straight and creating soft finger waves with a 1 1/2 inch curling iron and brushing through. Finish the look by pulling one side of the hair back with a jeweled pin placed behind the ear,” says Maldonado for L’Oréal Professionnel. Los Angeles based, Cervando Maldonado has earned a reputation as a styling star from his work on the red carpet, creating looks with modern yet timeless distinction. His looks can be seen on top celebrities like Kirsten Dunst and Sofia Coppola.