Betty White, Fran Drescher, Donny and Marie Osmond, Magic Johnson, Gary Sinise, Sara Rue, Danny Trejo, Ricky Schroder, and Kathy Buckley join Paul Mitchell Schools’ 2014 FUNraising Campaign!
Paul Mitchell Schools kicked off their 11th annual FUNraising Campaign on January 28, 2014. Students and staff members from over 100 Paul Mitchell Schools schools spent the months of February through April raising money for charitable organizations. Their goal: $2.5 million. Their partners: A star-studded celebrity lineup representing 11 spectacular charities.
The Paul Mitchell Schools FUNraising Gala will take place at the renowned Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills (CA), on Sunday, May 4, 2014.
“We are absolutely thrilled that Betty White, Donny and Marie Osmond, Gary Sinise, Magic Johnson, Fran Drescher, and Kathy Buckley are back again this year,” said Paul Mitchell Schools Dean and Cofounder Winn Claybaugh. “We’re also delighted to welcome the incredible Sara Rue, Danny Trejo, and Ricky Schroder to our ‘FUNraising’ family. Each of these incredible individuals will play an active role in motivating and encouraging our 13,000 future professionals as they raise money through thousands of grassroots events, from cut-a-thons and car washes to fashion shows and charity balls. Our partners are members of an elite group of wonderful celebrities who’ve supported us in the past, including Dolly Parton, Larry King, Vidal Sassoon, and Leeza Gibbons.”
In 2013, the schools raised a record-breaking $2.6 million, bringing their 10-year total to over $11.2 million. This year, they’ve set their sights on the $2.5 million mark again, to benefit 11 organizations:
- • Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, represented by Donny and Marie Osmond
• Morris Animal Foundation, represented by Betty White
• Fran Drescher’s Cancer Schmancer Foundation
• Magic Johnson Foundation, represented by Earvin “Magic” Johnson
• Gary Sinise Foundation, represented by Gary Sinise
• No Limits, represented by comedian/motivational speaker Kathy Buckley
• Food 4 Africa, represented by John Paul DeJoria
• Wells of Hope, represented by Andrea and Ricky Schroder
• ELSA (Experience Learning Support with Animals), represented by Danny Trejo
• CAST (Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking), represented by Sara Rue
• Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation, the schools’ own nonprofit organization
Paul Mitchell Schools proudly report that the cost incurred in raising the $11.2 million has been less than 2.39%, an amazingly low amount compared to the national average of 25%. “At our Paul Mitchell Schools, we are proud of our commitment to raising money and awareness for a variety of causes and organizations,” Winn Claybaugh says. “We do not spend $300,000 to raise $1 million.”
Learn more about the FUNraising Campaign at www.paulmitchellschoolsFUNraising.org