There’s a reason L’Oréal Professionnel Artists are at the forefront of hair trends: from downtown cool to uptown chic and is the go-to for the most style-savvy and beauty-obsessed women everywhere.
L’Oréal Professionnel isn’t just following trends – they’re creating them. Each season, L’Oréal Professionnel unveils three new looks inspired by the latest on the runways and on the street style scene. Created by professionals, these looks are sure to make a statement. Check out how-to get the Pink Splashlight Look with L’Oréal Professionnel’s easy to follow steps!
PINK SPLASHLIGHT – WORN BY POPPY DELEVINGNE
The It Look: This edgy twist on the popular ombré haircolor effect plays up this season’s hottest color: pink. “Poppy is such a girl of the times, I wanted to create something ultra-modern and even a bit avant-garde,” says Anthony Turner. The placement of a striking horizontal band of pink in the mid-length of the hair is unexpected and eye-catching; yet, the technique of softly diffusing the color on the lower edges softens the effect, making it look effortlessly chic much like Poppy herself.
- • Create a horseshoe shaped section and secure with clips then secure all hair above and below the horseshoe section
- • Pre-lighten the mid-lengths of the horseshoe shaped section to pale yellow underlying pigment
• Apply INOA ODS2 9.13/9BG to all hair above and below the horseshoe to the re-growth area, and ends of the hair contained within the horseshoe section
• Mix and apply 10g of INOA ODS2 Clear + 1g of INOA ODS2 6.66/6RR to the mid-lengths of the hair contained in the horseshoe section. Smudge colors together where they meet to create a diffused line of demarcation
• Isolate the horseshoe section with Sweet’ Méches
• Development time: 35 minutes
- • Point cut a long, one-length baseline
- • Incorporate face framing graduation to create textured layers around the face
- • Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Mousse Volupté
- • Blow-dry with a medium or large round brush to create medium to large barrel curls
- • Alternate the direction of the brush to create a soft undone feel then gently loosen the curls
- • Finish the look with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 4 hairspray
- Stylist for the It Looks Spring/Summer 2014: L’Oréal Professionnel Artist, Anthony Turner
- Colorist for the IT Looks Spring/Summer 2014: Celebrity colorist, Mario Charalambous