Redken Creative Consultant Guido styled for the Jean Paul Gaultier Fall – Winter 2014 presentation with the inspiration of Gaultier’s theme ‘Britts in Space’.
Guido applied Hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel, section by section, to create a sculptural style that blurred the line between punk and sophisticated hair. The use of firm hold hairsprays and super strong gels, which added a futuristic finish to the hair.
“Like always, there is a cast of characters on the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier. One model has straight hair, while another is sporting a mohawk, so it is a bit difficult to categorize the style as a whole. With that said, there is a main thread of twisted chignons that one can speak to this season. I used Hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel to create a sculptural topknot that felt punk, yet refined in a way,” said Guido.
How-To Create the Look:
- 1. Start with straight dry hair
- 2. Section by section, apply Hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel with a fine toothed comb
- 3. Gather hair into a very high ponytail and twist into a topknot, wrapping some hair around the base of the ponytail
- 4. Secure with pins
- 5. Finish with Control Addict 28 extra high-hold hairspray
- 6. Add All Soft Argan-6 Oil
Redken Products Used: Hardwear 16 super strong sculpting gel, Control Addict 28 extra high-hold hairspray, and All Soft Argan-6 Oil