Redken Creative Consultant Guido created fabulous ponytails for Milan Fashion Week (MFW) – here’s the scoop on ‘How To Get That Look’ from the Bottega Veneta & Alberta Ferretti shows.
Guido used Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to give the hair a soft and smooth texture prior to styling the hair. While Guido departed from natural hair for Alberta Ferretti, he did weave in elements of ease with the looseness of the ponytail. The style felt easy and romantic, especially since the loose ponytail allowed for small pieces to fall out around the face.
“The hairstyle for Alberta Ferretti is simple and romantic, which is consistent with the designer’s aesthetic. I used Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion and then did a blow dry using large round brushes to give the hair a clean and sophisticated finish. Once the hair was pulled back into a loose low ponytail, I pulled out small pieces around the face to soften the style. Flyaways, messy partings and loose pieces are all little nuances that make a hairstyle feel romantic”, said Guido.
Create the Look:
- 1. Apply Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair
2. Blowdry hair with large round brush
3. Create a messy natural part
4. Spray Pillow Proof Blowdry two day extender on mid-lengths and ends
5. Pull hair back into a loose, low ponytail below the nape of the neck
6. Secure hair with elastic
7. Wrap a small piece of hair around the elastic to conceal it
8. Secure wrap with pins
Redken Products Used: Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion and pillow proof blowdry two day extender
Guido used extensions to add a twist on a classic ponytail. Once the extensions were in place, Guido used Iron Shape 11 finishing thermal spray and a flat iron to achieve the blunt straight finish at Bottega Veneta.
“The hair for Bottega Veneta is clean and sharp, which is a bit of a departure from previous seasons. In the past, the hairstyles were easier, softer and more natural. A sort of 90’s minimalism inspired me, so the hair is simple with blunt lines. Hair extensions were used to create a very long fake ponytail that resembles the same thickness and consistency of a horse’s tail. There is certainly an intended element of artificiality to the hair”, explained Guido.
Create the Look:
1. Apply Align 12 protective straightening lotion on damp hair
2. Blow dry hair with natural bristle brush
3. Comb hair back into a tight ponytail and fasten with an elastic
4. Wrap hair extensions around the ponytail
5. Spray Iron Shape 11 finishing thermal spray on ponytail
6. Use a flat iron to make the hair stick straight
7. Take a small piece of hair and wrap it around the ponytail to conceal extensions
8. Use pins to secure wrap
9. Spray Forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to clean up any flyaways
Redken Products Used: Align 12 protective straightening lotion, Iron Shape 11 finishing thermal spray and Forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.