Editorial and Celebrity Hair Stylist, Giannandrea, whose roster of clients includes Emmy Rossum, Chrissy Teigen and Naomi Watts, styled Naomi’s hair for the 86th Academy Awards using Macadamia Natural Oil products.
Wearing a stunning and classy white Calvin Klein Collection gown, Watts dazzled the red carpet with her sleek and chic slicked-to-the-side do. Giannandrea went for a modern and elegant look, “the inspiration behind Naomi’s look was Grace Kelly. I wanted that Grace Kelly elegance that Naomi possesses to shine through”, Giannandrea explained.
How-To get the look? Giannandrea started with a large round brush to boost volume from the roots using Macadamia Natural Oil’s large Boar Hot Curling Brush (43mm). He rolled three 1-inch sections at the front of Watt’s hair in Velcro rollers and sprayed with Macadamia Natural Oil Control hairspray for added volume and control. “Control hairspray is great for award shows as it is resistant to humidity and free from nasty buildup,” Giannandrea explained. “We wanted a little more shape for the dress so I decided to continue with the trend of sleek, chic and straight with some height”, Giannandrea continued.
Giannandrea continued by blow-drying the rest of Watts’ hair and smoothing it down with Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment for added shine, then flat-ironing down the side and all the way through for added length. After letting the rollers sit, he unraveled and brush-swept hair to the side, creating a deep side part and finishing off with Control hairspray. “Simple yet chic! That’s what Naomi’s look is all about,” Giannandrea exclaimed.
Five Steps to Get Naomi Watts’ 2014 Oscar Look:
- • Blow-dry hair with large round brush
- • Separate front of hair into 1-inch sections and roll in 3 Velcro rollers to create volume on top, spraying Control hairspray
- • Let rollers sit and flat iron hair, using Healing Oil Treatment as a finisher to create shine down the side and all the way through the length
- • Unroll rollers and brush hair back all the way through the ears, creating a deep side part
- • Finish with Control hairspray