The Academy Awards without question is always full of glamour and elegance, and is probably the most exciting night of the year for many actors and actresses!
This year the films ‘Gravity’ and ’12 years of slavery’ were undoubtedly the big winners of the night for this years Oscars. And on the red carpet? Here at Estetica, we are excited to present to you our favorite looks of the spectacular evening…
The red carpet for the Oscars is a night filled with gorgeous gowns and tuxedos. This year we were not surprised that loose glamorous waves were on many Hollywood stars for the big night. Cate Blanchett – winner of the Oscar for best actress, Jessica Biel, Kate Hudson, and Angelina Jolie, were just some of the ladies that bet on this infallible look. Margot Robbie, actress from ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’, looked amazing in a black Saint Laurent gown, surprised everyone last night with her new brunette hair in soft old hollywood curls–we loved it!
The star with the most elegant collected updo of the night was Camila Alves, with a low bun resting on the nape of her neck. Amy Adams had a beautiful undo as well, inspired by the 1950s, with waves and a lightweight Pompadour. Penélope Cruz looked like a goddess with her high bun and the palest of pale pink chiffon Giambattista Valli gown. Olga Kurylenko also wore a high bun with a very flattering red Eco-friendly gown by designer Suzy Amis-Cameron’s Red Carpet Green Dress company.
Julia Roberts wore a black peplum lace Givenchy dress with her hair pulled back in a very relaxed way and a soft curl. The gorgeous mom-to-be Olivia Wilde wore a Maison Valentino gown with a Jimmy Choo clutch and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. Her hair was very relaxed as well, very classic. Emma Watson looked stunning in Vera Wang. The T-shirt shape of her dress is chic and bold, the gunmetal shade is edgy. Her smokey eyes and bright red pout complete the look and her hair looks very natural and effortless. Louise Roe looked effortlessly beautiful as well in her relaxed tousled beach hair. Louise wore a green Pronovias gown.
Pixie cuts were popular last night with three stunning women: Anne Hathaway, Charlize Theron and Jennifer Lawrence. Anne Hathaway looked fierce in black Gucci dress adorned with mirrors. Charlize Theron was all glam in a black Dior gown and her sleek straight hair was parted to the side. Jennifer Lawrence has become America’s sweetheart, she’s talented, beautiful, and no matter how many times she stumbles on the red carpet – you can’t help but love her! She looked amazing in a red Dior gown. Lawrence’s hair looked very wind swept and classic.
Matthew McConaughey, winner of Best Actor, was up against some huge names for the big award – Christian Bale for his role in ‘American Hustle’; Bruce Dern from ‘Nebraska’; Leonardo DiCaprio in ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’; and Chiwetel Ejiofor in ’12 Years a Slave’, he looked very posh in a cream jacket. The cream jacket was just enough balance with his black waistcoat.
And the Oscar goes to…
- Best Film: 12 years of slavery.
- Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club)
- Best Actress: Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine).
- Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
- Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong’o ‘ or (12 years of slavery)
- Best Director: Alfonso Cuarón (Gravity)
- Best Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki (Gravity)
- Best Costume Design: Catherine Martin (the Great Gatsby)
- Best Editing: Alfonso Cuarón and Mark Sanger (Gravity)
- Best Animated Film: Frozen (Disney)
- Best Non-English-Speaking Film: Great Beauty (Italy)
- Best Make-up and Hairdressing: Adruitha Lee and Robin Mathews (Dallas Buyers Club)
- Best Soundtrack: Steven Price (Gravity)
- Best Visual Effects: Tim Webber, Chris Lawrence, Dave Shirk and Neil Corbould (Gravity)
- Best Adapted Screenplay: John Ridley (12 years of slavery)
- Best Original Screenplay: Spike Jonze (Her)
Photos: Getty Images