This week in London, Taylor hosted a “haircut party” gathering friends like Cara Delevingne and Ellie Goulding backstage to watch as she ditched her famous long blonde locks for a new shoulder-length chic bob!
All the fun was captured on Instagram – “This is how many people are watching me get a haircut right now… We don’t do anything without an audience, do we?” Swift says in the Instagram video she posted surrounded by friends. Is Taylor Swift starting a new beauty trend? George the Salon in Chicago thinks so!
The popular George the Salon in Chicago is already seeing the ‘Swift effect’, receiving calls from women asking if the salon can host a “haircut party” just for them! We spoke with them and asked them to give our readers tips and advice on holding a Haircut Party!
“Sometimes big changes are difficult for us and the support of your friends and family makes it easier to go through a drastic cut,” says George Gonzalez owner of George the salon. “Especially if you are nervous about a big length change, a haircut party is a great way to transition into your new style and have fun while doing it.”
Tips for Hosting a Haircut Party
- 1. Give back: Connect your haircut party with a local charity and donate your hair.
2. Location, location location: Create a night out at the salon or ask your stylist if they travel off site for special occasions.
3. The more friends the better: Their support can be that extra push you need to go through with a big hair change.
4. Snap it: Share photos of your favorite cuts for feedback and style suggestions as you gear up for the chop.
5. Have fun with it: Bring some bubbly or wine to the salon for a new take on girl’s night.
Sure we are going to miss T-Swift’s usual long ash blonde curls but Taylor’s new chic relaxed bob gives her a fresh look and we think she absolutely rocks it!