Redken Creative Consultant Guido, has been all over New York Fashion Week! He’s styled hair for so many shows–like Victoria Beckham, Coach, and Hugo Boss… just to name a few!
For the Victoria Beckham show Guido used two key products, satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion and pillow proof blowdry two day extender to create easy, undone hair at Victoria Beckham’s SS14 presentation. The hair was slouchy, easy and pure luxury.
“I wanted the hair to be consistent with Victoria’s simple and modern collection. The whole idea is to create that ultra rich and luxurious feeling, without doing much to the hair. The ultimate idea of luxury in the beauty industry has changed dramatically in the last few years. It used to be fantastic and grand, but that doesn’t really translate anymore, especially with younger designers like Victoria Beckham. It is all about the subtle details that make a big different on the end result,” said Guido.
How-To Create the Victoria Beckham Look:
- 1. Apply Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair
- 2. Create a messy center part
- 3. Allow hair to dry naturally
- 4. Wrap the hair around 2″ curling iron to create additional movement if necessary
- 5. Spray Pillow Proof Blowdry two day extender on mid-lengths and ends for added texture
- 6. Pull hair back into a loose low ponytail and secure with a hair elastic
Redken Products Used: Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion, Pillow Proof Blowdry two day extender.
Guido was responsible for the sophisticated styling for the Hugo Boss show as well. Guido used Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to give the models a frizz-free finish with silky smoothness. Once the hair was pulled back into a tight low ponytail, Guido applied Forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to his hands before smoothing out any remaining flyaways. The style is simple, elegant and wearable.
“I was inspired by the clean and sophisticated styles that Hugo Boss effortlessly produces season after season. The Fall/Winter 2014 collection remained true to the brand’s design aesthetic, so it was important for me to create a hairstyle that further amplified such qualities of richness and luxury. It is wonderful when the brand itself becomes the inspiration,” explained Guido.
How-To Create the Hugo Boss Look:
- 1. Apply pillow proof blow dry express primer to damp hair
- 2. Apply Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion
- 3. Blowdry hair until smooth with natural bristle brush
- 4. Create a deep clean side part
- 5. Pull back into ponytail and secure with elastic
- 6. Spray Forceful 23 super strength finishing spray onto hands before smoothing away any flyaways
- 7. Use a curling iron to add movement into the ponytail if necessary
Redken Products Used: Forceful 23 super strength finish spray, Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion.
Guido also amped up the shine factor at the Coach presentation, in order to offset the heavier fabrics and textures featured in the collection. He used Diamond Oil shatter proof shine and Shine Flash 02 glistening mist to achieve this natural, wet shine look. To complete the very Americana look, Guido added leather feathers in the back of the hair.
“The overall look for Coach this season has a very distinct American kind of spirit. This girl is free-spirited and hails from the mid-west. I let the hair dry naturally and then added diamond oil and Shine Flash 02 to get a shiny wet texture, rather than a dry matte finish. It is all very American, and a little bit 70s with the middle parting,” said Guido.
How-To Create the Coach Look:
- 1. Apply Diamond Oil shatterproof shine to dry hair from mid-lengths to ends
- 2. Create a messy center part
- 3. Using your fingers, blow dry hair around the part to smooth the top
- 4. Section by section, apply Shine Flash 02 glistening mist from root to ends to create a natural, wet shine look
- 5. Create a loose half ponytail just above the nape of the neck and fasten with hair elastic
- 6. Pin or wrap a leather hair accessory on top of the hair elastic
Redken Products Used: Shine Flash 02 glistening mist, Diamond Oil shatterproof shine.
Photos by Greg Kessler for Redken.