Music’s biggest night celebrated the 56th Grammy Awards and stars showed off their “gotta get it” hair styles!
Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Styling and Grooming Expert, shared her favorite Grammy styles and steps for how you can recreate these fabulous looks for your personal red carpet event.
Beyoncé – who wasn’t talking about Beyoncé last night?! Jenny LOVED her ultra sexy chin length bob – “This looks amazing because of the colors throughout… dark roots into dark blonde into bright blonde ends.” Jenny Balding
- Beyoncé… How To Create the Look!
• If your hair is curly…
• Create a middle part when wet
• Apply a curl enhancing cream throughout from roots to ends (Redken Curvaceous Full Swirl is perfect for this)
• Air dry or lightly dry using a diffuser on low speed and low heat from underneath so as not to create volume at the roots.
• Shake out with fingers.
• If your hair is straight or wavy…
• Use a medium sized curling iron to recreate this look.
• Prep hair by misting a light hairspray all over to create texture to the hair (Redken Fashion Work 12 versatile working spray is light and the perfect spray!)
• Create a middle part and use the curling iron vertically and wind small sections all over making sure to keep the top are on the flatter side.
Rita Ora – “This gorgeous, vintage Hollywood inspired hair is very stylish and modern because of the color. Having some regrowth and then really blonde throughout is what makes this look.” Jenny Balding
- Rita Ora… How To Create the Look!
- • Create a low side part on one side
• Blow dry smooth with a large round brush for the perfect foundation
• Use a medium sized curling iron use vertically from mid length to the ends
• Keeping the part and the crown area smooth and no volume.
Photos: Getty Images