While there were a few sleek chignons seen last night, one of the biggest hair trends on the red carpet was undone and natural hair! This is certainly a departure from the more glammed up styles that we tend to expect from award season hair.
Seen wearing this look? The beautiful Kerry Washington, Olivia Wilde and Heidi Klum are just a few examples of this hot red carpet trend.
Here are Pureology’s steps to recreate these celebrities looks!
- Get the Look: Kerry Washington
1. Spray damp hair with volumizer such as Pureology’s Pure Volume Instant Levitation Mist
2. Blowdry damp hair with a round brush
3. Use a large iron or big pin-curls heated up with a diffuser to give the hair added texture and movement
4. Spray hair with Pureology’s Strengthening Control hairspray
5. Run your hands through the hair for a more undone and natural finish
The sleek chignon with a deep side part was another standout look from the Golden Globes. One celebrity who wore it particularly well was Julianna Margulies. Her chignon had a few wispy pieces, which gave it an effortlessly elegant quality.
- Get the Look: Julianna Margulies
- 1. Apply Pureology’s Root Lift spray hair mousse at the roots and Nourishing Nectar sculpting gel throughout the hair for body and hold
- 2. Create a deep side part
- 3. Brush hair back into a smooth ponytail
- 4. Spray ponytail with strengthening control hairspray and twist into a messy bun
- 5. Use pins to secure bun
Julia Roberts took a more traditional approach with her classically beautiful chignon.
- Get the Look: Julia Roberts
- 1. Mist Pureology’s Fortifying Heat Spray on dry hair for added thermal protection
2. Take 1.5 inch sections of hair and mist with Strengthening Control hairspray
3. Wrap sections around large hot rollers directing all sections backwards
4. Once the hair has cooled, remove rollers and brush thoroughly with a soft bristle brush
5. Lightly backcomb the crown area and smooth with a soft brush to polish hair
6. Gather hair in a low ponytail and twist inward
7. Secure twist with pins
8. Allow fringe to fall forward and define pieces with Cuticle Polisher
9. Finish with a mist of Radiance Amplifier anti frizz spray for amazing shine
Step-by-steps provided by:
• Ruth Roche, Pureology Artistic Ambassador
• Sandra Joseph, Pure Artist
• Angela Noreck, Pure Artist