High above the avenues of Oklahoma City, a stunning redhead is turning heads. The billboard is for Balliets, the city’s trendiest clothing boutique, which carries lines like Prada and Jimmy Choo.
The model is stunning….and the haircolor –created by Beth Minardi Signature Artistic Colorist Kody Job– is the true showstopper!
Rich, luxurious and shiny beyond belief, this glorious hue was created –no surprise– with a carefully curated selection of Beth Minardi Signature shades, using Kody’s “sexy smudge” technique, which produces the most realistic, natural-looking reds. “This color design is the perfect example of what Beth has always taught—that perfectly balanced reds must be deeper at the roots and lighter and brighter on the ends”, says Kody. It also shows how the right color can take a pretty girl and turn her into an “it” girl!
To get the look:
- 1. Kody highlighted his model’s Level 6 dark blonde hue with Joico Vero K-PAK Crème Lightener + 5-volume developer, placing the highlights around the face, off of the parting and in a few interior sections close to the face.
- 2. He applied Beth Minardi Signature Demi-Permanent Crème 7NCG/Peach Bellini to remaining strands.
- 3. After processing, he shampooed and conditioned the hair with Minardi Luxury Color Care Pre-Wash, System One Weightless Wash and After Wash and dried it thoroughly.
- 4. Next, he mixed two Beth Minardi Signature Demi-Permanent Liquid formulas:
- – 1 ½ oz. 6CG/Mango + ½ oz. 8C/Tangerine Dream for the roots
- – 1 oz. 8C/Tangerine Dream + 1 oz. 10C/Peach Chiffon for the midlengths and ends
- 5. He applied these two formulas to all strands, “smudging” where the shades met on the hair strand in order to blend, and then processed, shampooed and conditioned the hair once more.
To style the hair, Kody reveals that he applied Minardi Luxury Color Care Root Lift Mist to the roots and a mixture of Abundance Volumizing Foam and Glisten Color Reflecting Drops to the mid-lengths and ends. After blow drying with a large round brush for smoothness and volume, he set strands on large magnetic rollers for extra body, allowed the hair to cool completely, removed the rollers and gently brushed through. He finished with Finish Flexible Finishing Spray for touchable hold, and voila! Fiery locks ready to take charge!