For NBC’s The Voice last night, Christina Aguilera’s tribute to Michael and Janet Jackson inspired her glam squad, they decided to use the theme SMOKE N’ MIRRORS.
Celebrity hairstylist David Babaii, created Christina’s hot sexy look of the night. From a sultry smoky eye by makeup artist Scott Barnes to David’s interpretation of curls blasting off with volume and tons of texture, her performance ignited the ideas behind this ultra-fab look.
To achieve her look, David used products that gave him great volume, movement and hold for her rockin’ performance and of course being a spot-on judge. David turned to Big Sexy Hair Products to get the result he wanted: fabulous curls right on cue just like Xtina.
- 1. He started with Big Sexy Hair Big Altitude Bodifying Blow Dry Mousse as the foundation to achieve her larger than life volume and hold. After applying, he rough dried her hair with heat using his hands to lift and create the groundwork for texture. What’s next? Well here is where the style comes to life:
- 2. David carefully sectioned the hair into 4 sections top, crown, sides and nape so not to disturb the texture he achieved during drying.
- 3. Starting at the nape he took very small sections and curled each strand with small barreled curling irons. He used ¼” and ½” sized irons alternating the tool choice and also the direction the curls went, then holding for 10 seconds.
- 4. David carefully removed each curl from the curling iron repeating this until her entire head was full of Big Sexy curls.
- 5. To finish, David used the texturizing and defining crème Big Sexy Hair Big Boost for added volume, applying it underneath sections of her hair, lifting each section as he worked the product in.
Finally to complete the look, with some left over product on his hands, he gently defined each curl and placed them exactly where he wanted them to be. After creating a zig-zag side part, he sprayed her hair with Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play. It’s the perfect flexible hold hair spray that gives added volume and resists humidity which he needed under the hot lights!