Melissa Schleicher is the Hair and Makeup artist behind THE look that EVERYONE is raving about! Carrie Underwood was an absolute bombshell at the recent 2013 Country Music Awards! She was voted by many magazines as “Best Hair and Make-up”.
Here, for the first time since the awards, Underwood’s hair and makeup artist, Melissa Schleicher of Parlour 3 Salon in Brentwood, TN reveals how to re-create the spectacular locks that everybody is talking about! “Carrie is a fantastic client. She makes EVERY look “amazing” so it’s difficult to pick my favorite. However, if I have to pick one, it would be her stunning red carpet pre-show look. I like to think of this as her Old Hollywood Retro Glamour moment. She was breathtaking”, gushed Schleicher.
To get Carrie’s glamorous hairstyle, Melissa Schleicher recommends the following:
- 1) Wash hair, apply light conditioner if needed and blow out hair, section by section, with a big round brush.
- 2) Once hair is dry, I liberally used Oribe Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray on each section of hair to protect the strands and add shine.
- 3) Set hair using mini hot tool rollers. Roll the heated rollers “under” and the bangs in “upward and back” (“This is the opposite direction to the way I normally roll Carrie’s hair”)
- 4) Leave rollers in for 30 minutes to set properly.
- 5) Once hair has cooled, remove rollers gently and spray Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray to the root area and brush out waves with a Mason Pearson (or similar) brush.
- 6) Part hair to the side, working it to a shape that frames the face.
- 7) Tease hair once it is in place and brush smooth.
- 8) Add hair comb.
- 9) Finish with Oribe Superfine Hairspray to hold the look in place. I added Shu Uemura Touch of Gloss for added shine. It leaves hair looking soft and beautiful.
For more tips from Melissa Schleicher about Carrie Underwood and other celebrity styles, visit her website at www.parlour3.com