The glamorous live event featured 86 of the most gorgeous women in the world all vying for the coveted title of Miss Universe 2013…
…but only one could take the crown. Miss Venezuela, Gabriela Isler, is the 7th young woman to take home the Miss Universe crown for Venezuela.
CHI was the Official Hair Care Sponsor of Miss Universe® 2013 Competition which took place in Moscow, Russia on Saturday, November 9. The CHI Backstage Styling Team was on-site for over 2 weeks creating the styles seen on all of the beautiful 86 contestants for preliminary photo shoots, events and of course, the live telecast of the competition.
The CHI team was also responsible for the styles seen on the celebrity panel of judges, presenters and performers including Jeannie Mai, recognized for her fashion segments on NBC’s “Today”; Steven Tyler, Aerosmith’s front man and lead singer; Tara Lipinski, Gold medal figure skater and 2014 Winter Olympics figure skating analyst for NBC Olympics’ multi-platform coverage; Carol Alt, TV personality, star of Fox News Channel’s ‘A Healthy you and Carol Alt’; Anne V, supermodel, actress, and mentor on Oxygen’s upcoming season of “The Face”; and of course Mr. Farouk Shami himself!
Miss Universe Venezuela, Gabriela Isler, was perfected for the crown with volume and shine enhancing products by CHI Backstage Stylist Abel Salazar.
Here’s how Abel Salazar created her winning look:
1. First he applied CHI Magnified Volume Finishing Spray and CHI Twisted Fabric to each section of hair before curling with a 1” CHI Orbit Wand.
2. After curling her hair, he rolled each sub-section up with his fingers and set the curls with clips.
3. Once all curls were set, he applied a little more finishing spray.
4. One hour later he removed all clips and brushed the hair.
5. He used CHI Magnified Volume and CHI Shine Infusion to finish the look.
If you missed the live telecast, watch the competition online at hulu.com