Hair by Doreen Guarneri for pure NV BKT was fabulously flirty for a refreshing take on the braided messy updo!
The new JSONG Spring Summer 2014 collection showcased many pretty pieces in all the springy/summery hues one could possibly desire: white and lilac, ice blue and even carnation pink. The styles were easy-going styles but also embellished with lace embroidery, pleats and light linen textures.
Doreen Guanieri was inspired by the airy wardrobe to create a coif that flowed effortlessly and even evoke the pleats in the collection with the bungee braid. She tied up a low pony to the side, leaving it tousled on the ends. The pony tail provided structure, while the disheveled ends gave a more romantic and flirty feel.
How you can get this look:
1. Using 2 inch sections, wave the hair with a wand half way down the shaft. Too much curl is unnecessary. Use pure NV BKT Humidity Defense Styling Spray (aerosol) to set the texture as you wand.
2. Brush through, freeing a wave pattern.
3. Grab the hair low and slightly to the left back shoulder. Complete a 3 section braid with 1 section that is thinner than the other 2 sections. Braid halfway down.
4. Holding the thinnest section, “bungee” push the other 2 braids upwards to create a bungee braid. Fix the braid, but leave ends “messy” by not pulling the hair completely through the tie.
5. Leave 2 strands around the face loose to create a soft frame around the eyes. Finish with pure NV BKT Humidity Defense Styling Spray (aerosol) and pure NV BKT Shimmer Pomade.
6. Complete the look with luster by lightly spraying pure NV BKT Ker-Argan Shine Spray on to hair