Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director, created a flawless look for the SS’14 collection
25 years is something to celebrate in today’s fickle markets, so for their silver landmark anniversary, DKNY went to Wella Professionals’ Eugene Souleiman to get just the right look. And they did! – as Souleiman created a edgy yet classic look that was the perfect complement for the youthful yet diversified collection.
‘To celebrate the anniversary, Donna created a big collection with many different segments, with a lot of models, so I wanted to create a look of uniformity that helped to tie the many segments of the collection together. To me, DKNY is all about youthful and natural sophistication, and the hair look needed to embody this”, added Eugene.
Here is the how-to for getting this chic and minimal hair look:
– Wash and condition hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner. Perfect prepping is of the utmost importance for this essential look.
– Apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier and use a soft bristle brush blow to dry the hair flat to the head.
– Use a straightening iron to create a smooth polished look.
– Create a low side part and gently brush the hair flat to the head. Spray the hair with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray for total control.
– Gently use a soft bristle brush sprayed again with Stay Essential Finishing Spray to pull the hair over to a low pony tail on the opposite side of the head from the parting. Make sure that all fly aways are tamed.
– Secure the low pony tail with elastic and bring it forward over the shoulder.
– Finally, take a small pump of Wella Professionals Oil Reflections and smooth onto the palms of your hands. Gently rub a soft brush across the palms to pick up the smallest amount of product and then brush the pony tail. Wella Professionals Oil Reflections creates a smooth, healthy looking finish to the hair.