We are loving the look from the Malan Breton’s Spring/Summer 2014 fashion presentation on at the Box at Lincoln Center, where Babyliss Pro MiraCurl was the perfect tool in the backstage.
Malan Breton’s created a fusion of the classic, ‘Saville Row’ silhouettes of 1960s British pop superstars and the decadent romantic styles seen in Wong Kar Wai’s critically acclaimed film, ‘In the Mood for Love’. Lead hairstylist, Jose Perales, Creative Director of Babyliss Pro, found that the Babyliss Pro MiraCurl, a fully automatic professional curl machine, was the perfect tool to get just the right look to enhance Breton’s designs.
Get the look!
- – Dividing hair into three sections – left, right and middle.
– Curl large sections of the hair – 1 1/4 inch or greater and away from the face – with a large barrel curling iron. Pin in place to set.
– Curl 1-inch sections of hair using the Babyliss Pro MiraCurl. Start on the right and curl hair with the tool set on left rotation. Repeat on the left side, with the tool set on right rotation. This will ensure that curls angle towards the face. Pin each curl to set, and then blow dry the hair on a cool setting with a diffuser.
– Leave the middle section of hair pinned and brush out the right and left side curls using a bristled brush. Start at the root and work down toward the ends. Perales recommends using hairspray, like Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Hair Spray, while brushing to eliminate frizz.
– Proceed with the middle section, releasing it from the pins. Begin in the back and work toward the front, teasing each curl with a bristle brush at the root to create the illusion of thicker hair and more volume.
– Lastly, brush the middle section back and secure with Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Hair Spray.
The Babyliss Pro MiraCurl may be purchased by licensed hairdressers and cosmetologists through a professional beauty distributor or store.
Photos by Jason Setiawan