Wella Professionals Global Creative Director, Eugene Souleiman, created a‘techno natural’ look for the Missoni SS’14 Milan Fashion Week show.
For the Missoni S/S ’14, Wella Professionals, Eugene Souleiman thought to fuse urban chic with a raw, native feeling. “I wanted to create a feeling of polar opposites within the same hairstyle, so each detail has a counterpart. The low sharp side parting contrasts with the raw texture at the front of the head, the addition of an acrylic ponytail hair accessory contrasts the more tactile natural ponytail underneath” said Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Wella Professionals.
“The Missoni team created some acrylic loops, to complement the jewellery collection and I was inspired to use these as part of the hair look, so I created these very strong, shiny ponytails from acrylic hair which attached to the loops, and then fastened these to a natural ponytail as a hair accessory”, added Eugene.
To complete the feeling of contrast, the ponytails were prepped with colored pieces which “added to the urban feeling” according to Eugene.
Get the Look:
- –Start with washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner.
- –Blow dry the hair to create a ‘natural finish’ before creating a low side part.
- –Spray hair with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz and rake fingers through the hair for a raw, textured finish.
- –Pull hair back into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- –Spray the base of the ponytail with water then immediately spray with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray before combing through the base section with a fine tooth comb.
- –Fold the ponytail into a loop, attaching the ‘hair accessory’ through the loop then tying it into the ponytail.
- –Spray Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray onto a soft bristle brush and brush through the ponytail to keep it smooth and sleek.
- –Finally, tweak the definition between the two ponytails by spraying the natural ponytail with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz on the ends of the hair for a ‘piecey’ finished look.
- Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner
Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray
Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray