Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte came up with a funky braided look to complement January Jones‘s elegant yet edgy Chanel Haute Couture mini dress for the 2013 Met Ball.
For the Costume Institute Gala at the Met for the opening of the exhibit “PUNK: Chaos To Couture”, January was the perfect combination of sophistication and sexy.
Here is Andy’s go-to guide to get the look!
1. Section out a one inch section of bang and secure for later use.
2. Apply a dollop of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier from the mid-lengths to the tips of the hair.
3. Section the hair down the center and make a cornrow braid. Then shape and weave the braid around the head.
4. Spray with Wella Professionals Thermal Image before using a flat iron to create a wave with the previously sectioned hair to create texture.
5. Brush the bangs back off the face with your fingers to give the hair a femme faux hawk vibe.
6. Complete the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray for lasting shine and hold.
· Hair: Andy LeCompte for Wella Professionals
o Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier
o Wella Professionals Thermal Image
o Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray