Carolina Herrera American Express Private Show recruits Artistic Director Doreen Guarneri to create picture-perfect coifs
For a private Valentine’s Day American Express card-holder event organized in collaboration with Harper’s Bazaar and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, American Culture’s co-creator and Artistic Director Doreen Guarneri created hairstyles for the CH Carolina 2013 spring collection runway-to-retail show.
Fifty outfits from the women’s and men’s collection, including black and white shirt dresses, solid color satin dresses, and bolds graphics and colors, inspired Doreen to opt for simple relaxed waves pushed away from the face.
To recreate this look:
1. Create a clean part wherever the natural part falls.
2. Section the hair from the top of the crown to the ear on both sides and clip it out of the way.
3. Take all the hair, pick it up and giving it a light spray with pure NV BKT Humidity Defense Styling Spray (aerosol).
4. Using approximately 3 large sections in the back, using a 1 l/2” – 2” barrel iron, vertically curl each section with the least amount of curl, creating a wave movement in the hair. Do not pin. Let cool.
5. Take each side panel, backcomb slightly, pinning it directly behind the ear, hiding the section under the hair that you just curled. Lightly spray with pure NV BKT Humidity Defense Styling spray (aerosol) to hold the look in place.
6. Finish with a light spray of pure NV BKT Ker-Argan shine spray.