Celebrity stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew for Moroccanoil made Kerry Washington shine on the red carpet
When the beautiful star of Django Unchained made her glittering Oscar red carpet entrance with a glamorous coral Miu Miu gown, her luscious long locks were by celebrity stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew for Moroccanoil were the perfect accessory.
“When I saw the amazing goddess gown that Kerry was wearing, I knew that her hair had to be long and classic,” said Takisha Sturdivant-Drew.
To work with and not against the elegant frock, Sturdivant-Drew highlighted volume and movement in the hair look, letting it flow down and behind the shoulders to complement the flow of the skirt. A touch of fullness at the sides and a bit more height at the crown made this soft modern mood even more flattering.
How The Look Was Created
1. First I shampooed Kerry’s hair with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and followed with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner.
2. Next, I added Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to large sections for soft volume, emphasizing the root area. Since Kerry’s hair is naturally curly, we straightened it first by blow drying with a comb attachment before blow drying different sections of the hair for added volume at the root
3. Using a 1-1/2” curling iron, I created large, loose S-waved sections, starting at the nape and working up to sides and top.”
4. After sectioning off the top and back of the hair, I teased the crown and sides for lift and volume, then combed over the hair lightly and brought it back down.”
5. To hold the style without any stiffness, I sprayed on Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong because it’s so lightweight, yet it holds the hair while allowing it to move.”
Photos: Getty Images