Estetica was backstage with Orlando Pita and he shared with us their sexy bed head look and inspiration for the Diane Von Furstenberg show! “Think Brigitte Bardot. Think St. Tropez in the 50’s and 60’s. We didn’t want to be retro, but we wanted to get volume and bed head all with products. Brigitte Bardot was doing the bed head before it was even a style!”, says Orlando.
What’s your recipe for this look? “We alter the steps of how we achieve the look according to the type of hair we are dealing with. We have 30 different types of hair backstage and sometimes one person’s hair isn’t going to look the same as the next person by doing the same thing, so we adjust according to hair.”
Diane von Furstenberg herself said: “The inspiration for the hair is the French Riviera. It is all about the south of France in the 50’s when it was very glamorous. The hair is key and needed to look beautiful.”
Get The Look!
- 1) Prep hair with BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Root Lift for lift and volume at the root area
- Orlando Pita: “The idea is not to tease the hair but allow the products to create that same affect”
- 2) Blow dry the hair with CHI Touch Touchscreen Blow Dryer and CHI Turbo Nylon Brush lifting the base and creating a slight bend to the ends.
- 3) After drying, apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Dry Clean Shampoo to add additional texture at the root area for lift and volume
- 4) Next, take sections and with the CHI G2 Ceramic & Titanium Digital Hairstyling Iron to bump the ends
- 5) To create the natural lift at the root area instead of teasing, apply BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Texturizing Powder for great lift and volume
- Orlando Pita: “This is the modern way to avoid backcombing or teasing for lift. I love this product!”
- 6) Finish with BioSilk Finishing Spray Firm for that all day hold.
Orlando Pita’s Professional Tip:
“To be successful and be noticed, you must stand out. If you create looks like everyone else or stick to trends, no one will take note of what you are doing. To standout you must create something unique.”
Photos: Getty Images